Friday, October 31, 2008

The recipe books.....

Aren't done yet! LOL But I do have all the appetizer pages done and one of the main dish pages so I thought I would post them and see what you guys think. The books are only going to be 6x6 so I had limited areas to work with.

This is the Bacon Crisp and Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe pages. I did use the Cricut Markers on some of the elements and I think I like them! Of course I inked all the edges.....it is compulsive with me now! HA HA HA

I pop dotted the pigs nose and used small brads for the chicken's eyes.






Here are the Olive Garden Zuppa Tuscana soup recipe and the 7 Layer Salad recipe. Luckily I was able to cheat on some of these since I had the recipes saved for my own use and also on the 7 layer salad I had used it for a recipe card for part of a swap I did. The lettuce is made from handmade paper and the tomatoes are Robin Nest embellies.





Here is the Steak Marinade recipe, again I had used this one on a recipe card before, and the steak is from a swap I did. The blank page is where I will put Main Dish, but I don't have it done yet.








This one is the first page of the Main Dish section, it is my daughters favorite thing I make, which isn't often. Ya know you don't want to make too much of a good thing...well that is my excuse anyway! HA!







So ya'll let me know what ya'll think!



21 comments:

  1. Very cute. Some ladies are very lucky to get your recipe book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm WAY impressed, Okie. Great job and everyone is going to LOVE these!!! What a great idea...
    MelissaMissesTX

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are adorable! You said you hoped your 'scrapper friends' didn't win one. Let me tell you as a scrapper I would LOVE to win and I am sure they will too. These are really fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okie! these are great! I love the simple layout, I can never figure out how to make mine look like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These recipe pages are wonderful.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Take care,
    marcia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your pages! I always learn something from your posts! TFS
    Mary101, Cricut forum

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute idea! I like the marker look but mine never turns out like its supposed to... I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong *sigh*! Your projects are always amazing, Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. O M Goodness O M Goodness.. How wonderful!! Anybody would be HAPPPY with this.. UN REAL!! U R AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The recipe book is fantastic. You are going to make several ladies very happy. Can't wait to see it finished.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can hardly wait to see the finished product. I've been thinking about making something like that with our family recipes that have been handed down for four generations. But first, I have three projects in the fire I need to finish first!

    Love your work and the fact that you share so many projects with us. Thanks,
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks everyone! I will post pictures of the finished product for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think even, how can I win, they are adorable, great work, Els

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE these ~ thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, They have turned out so nice. I love cook books and these are just great. I can't wait to see the rest.

    enabledtoshop/zrick - cricut forum

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like your recipe book. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I Love these, this gives me an idea for christmas gifts for my family. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I Love these recipe layouts, I can totally see them going in a book for a Christmas present for a loved one.

    Enabledtoshop/zrick

    ReplyDelete
  18. Okie,
    Super job! I love what you did with all your recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great job on your recipes! I know your feeling.....I did the same thing last year for 2 recipe books I was going to give to my sis & mom! So good luck! I know you can do it.....me, I'm not too sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMGOSH Okie... these pages are adorable! Now I'm having a dilemma due to seeing yours and Linda's wonderful books.... I've needed to make one of these for quite some time now and after seeing Linda's book I thought ok... I need to do one.... and NOW I see yours and It's like someone is trying to tell me something.... GEEZ... I promise to get one done soon and I hope it looks as good as yours and Linda's!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great recipes and cute pages.
    I just finished one recipe book for my grandaughter and have 3 more to go..My pages are 8x8 cause I wanted to do more designing on them. I have to tell you I used your design studio designs for bowls and soda can. I used the can for soda, juice and condiments. I cut them down on some. I love that cut. So thanks for helping me do my recipe book.
    I don't have a blog page, but maybe I'll email you some of the pages I made with your cuts..

    hugs
    bobbi

    ReplyDelete